About Me

My photo
I'm a 22 year old college kid, who is going to be spending summer '11 in Abu Dhabi, UAE in an internship. I'm also planning a wedding in November, and graduating college in December with a bachelors degree in History and a Minor in Arabic Studies. I have no clue what I want to do with my life as of right now. Maybe grad school one day... who knows. I do know that I have the most amazing and supportive family, fiance, and friends ever! and I am SO thankful for them!

Monday, June 6, 2011

6/6/11

So now is the time for some whining. Planning a wedding from 10,000 miles away is not easy, at all.

My schedule is 9 hours ahead of everyone at home, and making contact with anyone through email is a 24 hour process. I send an email at a decent time here, it gets there at 3 am, by the time someone answers I'm already in bed and asleep.

Thank goodness for Katie, Tatum, and Nick who have been outrageously helpful with everything!

Other than that, my first two days of work have been pretty uneventful, other than the system I'm supposed to be working in is down. 

I have met some really nice people around here though.  Saeed is a friend of one of the ladies I work with here, and he has already offered to take help me with my arabic (which is badly needed!).  Everyone is really friendly, which has made being here easier.

Today starts day 1 of working out, so I'm looking forward to that! (gotta get skinny/fit for the wedding! haha)

Love,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment