About Me

My photo
I'm a 22 year old college kid, who is going to be spending summer '11 in Abu Dhabi, UAE in an internship. I'm also planning a wedding in November, and graduating college in December with a bachelors degree in History and a Minor in Arabic Studies. I have no clue what I want to do with my life as of right now. Maybe grad school one day... who knows. I do know that I have the most amazing and supportive family, fiance, and friends ever! and I am SO thankful for them!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 3 - Hotel & Al Rahba

Today we didn't really do much, mostly just hung out around the hotel until Mr. Mercurio came out and had lunch with us and went over a few things for work.

Later on we headed into Al Rahba, right across the bridge, to look at the grocery stores and see if we'd need to go into Shahama to get food or not.  We will definitely be driving to Shahama to get food, the stores nearby have some food (see below some things I tried) but not enough to be able to skip eating here at the hotel.

Some food that I tried today:



 You may be saying, well that wasn't very adventurous. The chips DO NOT taste the same as in the US, but they are still pretty good.



Teeny Tiny little snickers bar, this was also different but still really good.


Chocolate Milk: definitely not as good as in the U.S. Drinkable, but not even similar to real milk

Capri-Sun:  pretty good, they definitely had a different taste for fruit than I do, but these are still ok.

I think tomorrow I will be driving into Shahama, so wish me luck! People drive like mad-men around here, so I should have exciting stories tomorrow! lol

شكراً لكم و نراكم بكرة

بريتاني

No comments:

Post a Comment