About Me

My photo
I'm a 22 year old college kid, who is going to be spending summer '11 in Abu Dhabi, UAE in an internship. I'm also planning a wedding in November, and graduating college in December with a bachelors degree in History and a Minor in Arabic Studies. I have no clue what I want to do with my life as of right now. Maybe grad school one day... who knows. I do know that I have the most amazing and supportive family, fiance, and friends ever! and I am SO thankful for them!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 2 - Dubai

Today we got to venture into Dubai, since Mr. Mercurio was nice enough to take us there.

We went to the Ibn Battuta Mall and wandered around.


This is ms. Buford and I in front of the Ibn Battuta statue that they have inside the mall.  The people were very friendly, and while I've been warned that a lot of people would probably stare, etc. I've yet to have any problems while I've been in public.  I guess we'll just have to see how things go once I start working full time. 

We also went to another souk in Dubai, which was also pretty neat. I have been shockingly surprised at the fact that the shopkeepers/salesmen are not super pushy (think the complete opposite of Tunisia, Katie).

We drove around the city as well, and got to see the Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world).  I will definitely be going back to do a tour soon!!


*Random building being built



Today we just got a taste of Dubai, and I definitely plan on going back when I have a little more money $$$$.

So far my experience in the UAE has been fabulous, and I'm really looking forward to the next few months out here.  It will be really difficult to adjust to all the changes, especially being so far away from everyone I love, but I will come out of this stronger and with an experience of a lifetime.

~Brittany

2 comments:

  1. I am happy you are having a good time!
    from Aunt Linda = I'm accidentally hacked into her Facebook account............

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!! I plan on blog stalking you the whole time you are there!! I'm loving the updates so far!

    ReplyDelete