About Me

My photo
I'm a 22 year old college kid, who is going to be spending summer '11 in Abu Dhabi, UAE in an internship. I'm also planning a wedding in November, and graduating college in December with a bachelors degree in History and a Minor in Arabic Studies. I have no clue what I want to do with my life as of right now. Maybe grad school one day... who knows. I do know that I have the most amazing and supportive family, fiance, and friends ever! and I am SO thankful for them!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 7 Abu Dhabi and the Marina Mall/3rd Avenue Pub/Bar/Whatever

So, I'm a day late writing this one but that's probably for the best.

Yesterday was a pretty tame day, and we decided to go to Abu Dhabi to the Marina Mall for dinner and possibly a movie.  We ate at this place called Cinammon City (or something similar) and the food was amazing! By far the best food I've had over here by far.

I've also noticed that almost every post includes something about food, which makes me feel like a fatty. lol.  But food is so different here, so it's a big change for me.

The mall was pretty nice, and we even ventured into Carrefour (WalMart is the closest comparison I've got). 

We took a Taxi over to 3rd Avenue Pub (I think that's the name) in one of the hotels, and that was where the entertainment got better.  I've always liked sitting back and just watching people at bars, but over here it is even more entertaining.  The bar we were in was full of a random mish-mash of people, and observing their interactions with each other cracked me up.

I definitely miss everyone at home, and last night definitely solidified that. I had a great time out, but I was definitely thinking about how things would have been if it had been a "normal" night out.

It's around 1:40ish here, and I STILL haven't gotten out of bed.  But this is the first truly lazy day I've let myself have.

I'll try to post more about today later (if we get into anything interesting!)

Thanks and Love Y'all!
Brittany

1 comment: